Moving gym equipments is one the most difficult things, especially at home. All those pulley systems, weights, and complicated technology it’s one hell of a headache.
Things get even worse when you are dealing with expensive fitness equipments like the Peloton bike. Such stationary bikes are not only hard to move but also need serious care when you are moving them. Here are some useful tips on how to move a peloton bike.
Before you move a peloton bike, it is advised to remove the touch screen, pedals, water bottle holder, weight holders, and sweat guard from both Peloton bike and Peloton Bike+.
Make sure to bring the seat post and the handlebars to the lowest position and ensure all the adjustment levers on your Peloton bike are fully tightened.
Here are instructions on how to remove the touch screen and pedals before moving the Peloton bike to prevent any damage.
Removing Touch Screen From Peloton Bike
- First of all, press and hold the power button till the on-screen prompt is displayed. Make sure to power off the bike and unplug its power cable.
- Now open the plastic clip on the back and disconnect the monitor cable from the touch screen.
- If there are any Ethernet or audio cables, disconnect them.
- Remove the back panel of the touch screen.
- You can access the mounting plate and screws easily.
- Make sure you have someone beside you to hold the touch screen firmly and remove the mounting screws using a screwdriver.
- Remove the touch screen and place it anywhere safely.
- Now locate the replacement touch screen and eliminate the back panel.
- Align the touch screen with a monitor mount and make sure to hold its place.
- Install mounting screws with the help of a head screwdriver.
- Now reconnect the monitor cable and other cables.
- Close the cable clip and return the back panel to the touch screen.
- At last, plug in the power cable and then power on the bike.
Removing Weight Holders From Peloton Bike
- You need a 3mm Allen wrench to remove and replace the weight holders on a peloton bike.
- Unscrew the screws that are attaching the weight holder to the peloton bike and remove the weight holder.
- Now add the new holder and line it up using the same holes on the seat slider.
- Never use old screws for installing the new holder, and always use the new screws provided with the new weight holder.
- Moving peloton bike from one to another
- Peloton bikes are equipped with two wheels on the front to make moving convenient.
- Remember, a touch screen is the most sensitive part of the Peloton bike, and you have to remove it at the beginning to prevent any damages.
- Position yourself properly at the back of the Peloton bike and grab the stabilizers with two hands and lift the back to tile it onto the front wheels.
Now Push The Bike To its New Location Carefully.
- Remember, a peloton is an expensive stationary bike, and it is recommended to use a moving or shipping company to move your peloton bike from one place to another.
This is Smith, Author of the All About Peloton Site. My Interest in Working Out In My Comfort Zone Urged Me To Buy A Peloton Bike. Since Then, I Am Using the Peloton To Stay in Shape. My Mind Clicked To Provide Knowledge About the Peloton To Others As Well Because I Have Been Using It For Several Years Now.