Kristin McGee is a popular yoga instructor who was a yoga and Pilates teacher at the gym at the beginning of her career. She wanted to become an actor and a dancer, but fate had other plans for her.
When she was studying at the New York University Tisch School, she decided to learn yoga. However, she graduated with BFA but became a certified yoga instructor later on.
In the yoga video series, she also featured Lori Trespicio (from the Real World). Also, she starred in a video with Bethany Frankel. She believes that a short yoga session per day can bring more harmony and balance to your life. Let’s explore the life of this famous female peloton instructor.
Kristin McGee Biography
- Full name Kristin McGee
- Age 48 years
- Birthplace and Home town Born in Idaho, United States
- Birthday 31st August 1973
- Weight 49 KGS
- Birth Sign Virgo
- Nationality American
- Marital Status Timothy O’Shea (divorce filed)
- Education New York University Tisch School of Arts
- Children 3 sons
- Previous Profession yoga instructor, Pilates instructor, Actor, ACE personal trainer, author
- Current profession peloton instructor
- Net worth $5 million
- Social media Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Popular books it Stretch, Chair Yoga, Healthier You, Strength Your Way to A Happier
- Website https://kristinmcgee.com/
Kristin McGee Early Life
She was born and raised in Idaho, United States. She loved acting and dancing in her childhood but ended up as a yoga instructor. Kristine was only four years on when she performed jazz, ballet and tap. Her parents were blessed with two boys and a girl.
Her dad loved singing and piano. She was inspired by her father and decided to become an actor but later ended up as a peloton yoga instructor.
Kristin McGee Family
Kristin is married to Timothy O’Shea, but she has filed a divorce against him. She has three sons William, Timothy and Robert. Currently, she is not dating anyone and focusing on her yoga career.
Kristine McGee Net Worth
Kristin McGee’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 million. She earns an average of $50,000 per class at Peloton. She has also released a number of yoga DVDs and books, which have also contributed to her net worth.
Kristin McGee As a Yoga Instructor
She discovered Pilates in the 90s when she studied at New York University. They used to incorporate yoga and Pilates during a warm-up session in the theatre. Her parents gifted her a gym membership when she graduated from NY University. This was the time when she was attracted to yoga and Pilates.
Kristine got accreditation in 1997 and soon became a yoga teacher at the same gym. During gym time, she was requested to attend Pilates classes as there were limited teachers at that time. She went to Kane school of core integration and got officially certified in Pilates.
She says although yoga and Pilates are similar in many ways, both are different disciplines.
Turning Point of Kristin McGee
When Kristin was in times square teaching yoga, she got a career boost one day. An MTV producer was a part of her classes, and she approached Kristin. Kristin was still struggling in her acting career. After a session with MTV producer, she was selected as choreographer, host, and star in the first MTV yoga video.
Her DVD was successful, and in the same year, she produced MTV power yoga and MTV Pilates which was filmed in Arizona. Just after one year, they did MTV Pilates mix. She believes MTV helped her a lot to make her career and work with renowned celebrities.
Kristin worked with celebrities including Leann Rimes, Steve Martin, Tina Fey, Emilia Clarke, Savanah Guthrie, and Jenifer Lawrence.
Kristin McGee also appeared on the cover of the magazine of Pilates style three times and became a specialist on HSN for Pilates gym for seven years.
Kristin McGee As Peloton Instructor
After achieving such success at MTV, she received a contract with Peloton in 2018. Now she is one of the famous yoga instructors. She says physical training is comfortable, but online classes allow her to connect with trainers perfectly.
Kristin McGee Workout sessions at Peloton
Kristin is balancing her life as a yoga peloton instructor, author, entrepreneur, and mom. She has a daily schedule at Pelton, which involves yoga and pilates classes.
Kristin does 1-2 upper body strength training, two lower body strength workouts, 2-4 pilates routines ad four yoga sessions per week. She also includes cardio workouts to be on top of the game and make the best out of her classes.
One of the best things about Kristin is that she sticks to her weekly routine to maintain her lifestyle. The average work session of Kristin takes between 20-45 minutes.
10 Facts about Kristin McGee Peloton Instructor
There are the following facts about Kristin McGee Peloton Instructor,
- Kristin McGee is a renowned fitness expert and yoga instructor.
- She has gained popularity through her work as a Peloton instructor, guiding and motivating people through their workout sessions.
- Kristin has extensive experience in the fitness industry and has been teaching yoga for over 20 years.
- She holds multiple certifications in yoga and Pilates, including a 500-hour yoga certification.
- McGee has trained many high-profile clients, including celebrities and athletes.
- Kristin is known for her dynamic teaching style, blending strength, flexibility, and mindfulness in her workouts.
- She has authored several books on fitness and yoga, sharing her expertise and guiding readers toward a healthier lifestyle.
- Kristin’s classes on Peloton often focus on yoga, Pilates, and body toning exercises.
- She is known for her positive energy, inspiring her students to push their limits and find joy in their fitness journey.
- McGee’s dedication to health and wellness extends beyond the screen, as she actively promotes a balanced lifestyle that includes proper nutrition, mindfulness, and self-care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Kristin McGee Married?
Kristine McGee is married to Timothy O’Shea, but they have filed a divorce which is still pending.
How Old is Kristin McGee?
Kristin McGee was born on 31st August 1973, and she is 49 years old.
What is The Net Worth of Kristin McGee?
Although the salary of Kristin McGee is not known, her estimated net worth is $5 million.
Is Kristin McGee still with Peloton?
Yes, Kristin McGee is still with Peloton. She is one of the most popular yoga instructors on the platform and has been with the company since 2018. She currently teaches a variety of yoga classes, including beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes. She also hosts a number of yoga challenges and events.
What about Kristin McGee 30 Rock?
No, Kristin McGee is not directly affiliated with the TV show “30 Rock.” She is primarily known as a fitness expert and yoga instructor, rather than being associated with the entertainment industry or television shows.