Garmin smartwatches and Peloton are two of the coolest gadgets out there. However, sometimes you might be wondering how to connect Garmin Fenix 3 hr to Peloton.
While there are so many benefits of connecting your smartwatch’s heart rate sensor to the peloton it is still a bit difficult for some users.
Luckily you have come to the right place because, in this article, we will take you through a step-by-step process and teach you how to connect Garmin Fenix 3 hr to Peloton. So if you are interested in exploring all this, keep on reading!
Is It Possible To Connect Garmin Fenix 3 HR To Peloton?
The first question that comes to mind is whether you can connect these two devices by any means or not. Yes, this is possible! And here’s why; The Garmin Fenix 3 hr has integrated Bluetooth 4.0 technology that automatically detects wearable devices with the same version. Thus enabling the seamless pairing between them.
Any other nearby device with Bluetooth/ANT+ support will be able to communicate with the Garmin Fenix 3 without any problem at all.
Therefore, once paired you can simply use Garmin Fenix 3 as a companion to your regular bike for fitness tracking, monitoring heart rate, etc. While riding.
See Also:- Best Heart Rate Monitor For Peloton Bike
How To Connect Garmin Fenix 3 HR To Peloton?
To start the process, follow these steps:
1) Download and install the Garmin Express app from the play store/apple store or download it directly from the Garmin website or the link given below:
2) Now Launch the app and tap on the “scan new devices” button
3) Once you see the name of your connected device under the “Connected Devices” section tap the button “Add a Device”. Select Garmin Fenix 3 hr from the list of compatible watch models.
Now select the option “connect to my fitness tracker (or running watch)”
4) Finally click on “Next”
5) Follow the instructions displayed on-screen to complete the connection.
6) Finally wait until the connection completes successfully.
Once done, you should now see a pop-up message displaying “Your Garmin Fenix 3 with Heart Rate Monitor is now connected”.
If you don’t see anything similar to this then tap the gear icon located at the top left corner of the screen and select “settings”. Then go to advanced settings. From here scroll down and check the box marked “Sync My Fitness Tracker”. This way your Garmin Fenix 3 will be continuously synced with the peloton.
So using this simple method, you can easily sync your Garmin Fenix 3 HR with your peloton.
But What if You Lose Connection While Cycling?
To fix this issue, open Garmin Express again and select the “Reset sync” option. To do this launch the app and tap on the gear icon at the top left corner and select “reset sync”.
This way, the next time you connect your Garmin Fenix 3 hr, your previous data gets reset and syncs with the current workout.
Can You Use Garmin’s GPS With Peloton Too?
Yes, you definitely can! However, the best thing about working out with the Garmin Fenix HR + GPS combo is your ability to get real-time speed, altitude, distance, pace, calories burned, average speed, etc. But since they are both used for different purposes you might face some problems in this regard. For example,
If you want to view the live data or share it over social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., the GPS alone won’t work. In fact, only the information entered into the Garmin Fenix 3 hr will display on the smartwatch screen.
Thus, if you wish to view the live and recorded data from the Garmin Fenix 3 + GPS combination then you need to have an ANT+ receiver that supports Bluetooth connectivity.
Such receivers are available online for purchase. The price range varies depending on your needs and requirements but most of them cost less than $100.
However, using the Garmin Fenix 3 HR + GPS combo does not require any additional hardware so it is highly recommended by experts. Moreover, there is no battery required either. Thus, the entire setup works on the basis of wireless technology.
Furthermore, working out with the Garmin Fenix 3 heart rate monitor is still possible even when you use the Garmin Fenix 3 without GPS. Nevertheless, the accuracy will suffer as compared to GPS-enabled devices.
In addition to this, you also need to note that although the Garmin Fenix 3 has the capability to measure pulse, it cannot track heart rates accurately. You may thus find yourself confused when trying to work out properly with the Garmin Fenix 3.
FAQs Regarding Connecting Garmin Fenix 3 HR To Peloton
How do I connect my Garmin HR monitor to Peloton?
1. Begin by accessing the ‘Heart Rate Monitor’ connection modal, which can be conveniently found either by joining a class or tapping the time displayed in the top right corner of the touchscreen.
2. Once there, simply select the ‘Connect’ button adjacent to your Heart Rate Monitor and get ready to track your performance seamlessly!”
Does Garmin HR monitor work with peloton?
Yes, Garmin HR Monitors Can Sync with Peloton!
How do I put my Fenix 3 HR in pairing mode?
Pairing Your Fenix 3 HR with an Android Device: A Quick Guide
1. Press and hold the ‘Up’ button to navigate to the main menu.
2. Select ‘Settings’.
3. Navigate and choose ‘Bluetooth’.
4. Finally, select ‘Pair Mobile Device’ to initiate the pairing mode, and follow any additional prompts on your Android device to establish a connection.
What HR monitors work with Peloton?
1. Peloton Heart Rate Band – Tailored for seamless integration with Peloton equipment.
2. Polar H10 Heart Rate Sensor – Renowned for its accurate, real-time HR data.
3. Wahoo Tickr Fit Heart Rate Monitor – Offering comfort and precise heart rate & calorie data.
4. Garmin HRM Dual – Notable for its dual transmission functionality.
5. Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband – Acclaimed for its accuracy and comfort during intense sessions. Choose your ideal partner for tracking heart rates during those vigorous Peloton rides!
Connecting the Garmin Fenix 3 HR + to Peloton is way simpler than you think. However, some people may still not be able to figure out this whole process. Especially if this is the very first time you are using a Peloton device then you may face such issues.
However, you shouldn’t worry at all because we’ve already got you covered with our in-depth guide. We hope you’ve enjoyed reading it to the end and found it helpful. If you think that was helpful enough please consider sharing it with your friends and family too.
Do remember to give us feedback about your experience using Garmin Fenix 3 with the peloton. We would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and queries via the comments below.